The Solution Specialist role is focused on working with account teams to identify and drive opportunities in targeted workloads. The key goal of this role is to increase incremental sales and consumption of Microsoft Azure, through the generation of new opportunities that result in additional customer revenue.
As a Solution Sales Professional, you will work closely with Sellers and Services to plan and execute account coverage and campaign strategies to unlock new sales opportunities. The role is adept at understanding the needs and process pains of customers to identify opportunities where Microsoft solutions can add long-term value.
You will have the exciting opportunity to be responsible for serving as the cloud computing subject matter expert for customers, fostering a positive and collaborative experience for prospects to evaluate, engage with and implement Microsoft products and partner solutions.
Engage with customers in assigned territory / segment / industry, to determine needs and identify opportunities to fulfill these needs with Microsoft Azure cloud technologies
Being the first contact point for many customers, deliver strong first impression, and set foundation for long term customer relationship
Communicate effectively with line of business and IT decision makers effectively via phone, email and social tools
Work strategically to remove technical and business sales roadblocks and innovate to improve business development practices
Develop a thorough understanding of solutions and relevant business pains, and become proficient conducting high-level demos of primary selling scenarios for solution
Understand competitor solutions and products and drive compete messaging to increase Microsoft Azure penetration
Work in a fast-paced, collaborative, dynamic teaming environment with internal and external stakeholders
Collaborate with the extended sales team, partners, and marketing to conduct whitespace analysis to pursue high potential customers and develop a target list of potential business
Generate new leads through territory planning, call down campaigns, events, and demos and conduct personal campaigns to discover new opportunities
Effectively turn prospects and qualified leads into opportunities and revenue pipeline by qualifying opportunities
Ensure excellence in pipeline management, pipeline hygiene, and sales execution against targets
Meet and exceed daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly targets, including pipeline generation and activity based targets; accurately forecast pipeline generation
Leverage best-in-class sales and communication tools to accelerate sales, maintain high daily activity.
* 4-year degree preferred.
* 2-6+ years of technology related sales or business development experience, particularly cloud computing and
management; experience working within a technical sales environment preferred.
* An understanding and passion for cloud computing technologies, business drivers, emerging computing trends
and solution partners
* Major or minor in computer science, mathematics or engineering. Experience in one of these relevant fields is a bonus, computer science, mathematics or engineering.
* Understanding of cloud computing market and ability to develop deep expertise in Microsoft Azure.
Development languages such as .NET, C++, Java, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby on Rails or Pig/Hive
Migration virtual machines from private to public cloud environments
Software design or development
Systems Operations / Management
* Proven track record of outstanding performance and achieving goals
* Takes initiative to independently grow technical knowledge
* Exceptional interpersonal as well as verbal and written communication skills to succeed in a customer facing role
* Ability to explain complex technical solutions to technical and non-technical audiences and to connect technological solutions with measurable business value
* Success-driven, works well in a diverse team and enjoy a dynamic and changing environment
* Passion for cloud technologies and changing the world
Must be able to legally live and work in the country for which you’re applying, without visa support or sponsors
New Customer Adds (Azure)
By applying to this position, you are being considered for multiple like positions. Position specifics, including hiring team, location and position details, will be determined during the interview process. The job description should make clear the job responsibilities and required qualifications.